Sunday, April 24, 2016

The story that was left behind

Recently, these two - PTPTN and CCRIS, it is discussed in the social media how more than one millions still haven't paid yet their loan and resulted in blacklisted by the CCRIS and this might be a problem later when you are applying for loan.

Believe or not, I am among the people who applied for the PTPTN to support my financing in UTP Perak. During the first year, I still remember the hardships of applying and filled in the forms page by page and understanding the terms for the PTPTPN loan. I told myself that this loan is just temporary, maybe later I can try to apply for MARA, JPA or any scholarships that are available to fund and support my study here in UTP. Unfortunately, I am not lucky enough to score me even one scholarship. I also still remember during the my second semester and I try my best to score for JPA scholarship so I don't have to depend on PTPTN and my parents' money. The day for the results for shortlisted were come out and unfortunately, I failed. It was Ramadhan month, I remember called my mom during the Sahur because my mom is the only person who always be there for me and listen to me. I even cried when telling her that I don't landed the JPA scholarship and I guess it is one of the saddest moment in my life because I keep my hope high for this one because as myself, I don't want to depend to my parents' money because I know my family and I know how hard they saved money just for me to pursuit my study in UTP. What break me the most is knowing that even I still have the money from the PTPTN, it will not be enough for me since I was in private University and knowing that the fees and everything were expensive and at the end of the semester, I will have to ask money from them. I feel embarrassed asking them for money because I know they need it more than me but still, my mom - she will give me money instead even I haven't asked. Then, another opportunities come - as PTPTN implemented for those who graduated first class honour will be exempted of paying back the loan. It give me a big and new hope for me because rather of paying back the PTPTN loan, I can give it to my mom. Starting from that moment, I promise myself that I will try my best to score and even better, to get the dean's list every semester. I try my best to keep my performance and keep a standard for me to achieve and every semester, the standard for me is getting higher and higher because I know I can go really far if I want to pursuit it and Alhamdulillah, on October 2014 - I know I made my parents and family proud with me, for keep pursuit whatever I want in my life and graduated from the University Teknologi Petronas with the first class honours. So, the dream is achieved and here I am, standing tall proudly with my scroll and I know from that moment, I can achieved anything I want.  I can go higher as mountains if I have the right motivation and I can go deeper to the sea as long as I have the determination. The barriers will be always in front of you, but take it as challenges because that is just the way, us as human to learn from the past mistakes and experiences.

No comments: