I'm gonna tell you the story of my experience when I'm traveling to Perak by myself. It's quite scary experience because I have to do all the things by myself. Form that, I learn to be independent. So, I took bus to Medan Gopeng Station Bus which is located in Ipoh, Perak. So, I arrived at there about 2.00am and the bus sent me to the bus stop not the bus station. What the heck. So, while I'm still blur and just woke up, I just sat at the bus stop and don't know what should I do. I'm afraid because it's already 2.00am and fortunately, there are still few people around the bus stop. I took decision to stay in a hotel which I saw just across the road and in front me but unfortunately, it's full. So, with my heavy bags, I went back to the bus stop and sit for about 15 minutes because I don't know what I should I do. I don't have any idea where I am and where I will sleep for that night. I told myself that I should ask anyone to show me the direction to the Medan Gopeng Station Bus because i'm sure I can sleep at there. But, due to my shyness I'm afraid and shy to ask for direction. After thinking for a while, I told myself till when do I have to let my shyness stop me from asking? So, with taking brave step, I asked a woman and has baby on her arm toa sk for that staion bus. Luckily, she know that place and she told me that I should just go straight that way and I will find it. Thanks to that woman for showing me the direction. So, I pick my bags and go to the bus statioan and manage to find the place. After I arrived at there and found out that I felt safe because people are still awake. I try to find surau but when I managed to find it, it's closed. After that, I go to the chairs at the place nd trying to sleep. But, I just really sleep only 2 hours for that whole night because my back and neck are hurt. Damn!
In the morning, I met a friend and guess what? I'm the first one who started the talking because it was not me that always start talking with people. I would rather to keep quiet all the time and let people ask me. The bus arrived in 7.00am and it's still dark, It it were in Tawau, it's already bright day. Then, the bus brought us to Tronoh where UTP is located. I think the journey took about 30 minutes. I take a nap in the bus because I'm so sleepy. First impression of UTP; quite beautiful, nice and I want to study here. I think we're late because there are many people already at there. We're registered and I met my roomate, Ahmad Firdaus who is SPM leaver. Then, we started introduced ourself and we became so closed because the similarty between me and him,we don't know anyone from the educamp. I'm so lucky to know him. After we found our room, we have to go to the main hall where we have to take bus to go to that place. Again, the main hall is awesome with library at his side. The library is so awesome but we didn't enter it yet. Damn it. After we enter the the main hall, the place in super duper awesome and I think it's quite big and I don't know how much people can be put in the main hall. It's just awesome. F**k. Hence, we're giving about the brief or Petronas and UTP. There are also 1400 aplliant but only 700 persons luckily to join this educamp. But, only 571 only manage to came at all which only 500 students only will be sorted into UTP and I am hoping that I am the one of the 500 luckiest person to enter this amazing UTP.
After finished with the boring briefing, we took lunch and the faci told us that we have two tests for this evening. I was shocked because it was too early. Then, we're go back to the out room and rest for this evening test. So, we are waiting outside the exam hall and this waiting just remind me of my KML moment. It's just like us, matriculation students waiting outside the hall for taking the exam and I just realize that I missed matric life so much. After longer waiting, we took our first paper. It was English Placement Test. It's quite easy because just objective questions and we have to answer 50 questions in 1 hour only. But, I finished it earlier and feel sleepy during the test because english is suck. Then, we took a break for 15 minutes and sat for the next test and it was mathemathic and science test. Damn!! The test is combination between chemistry, physics and additional math questions for SPM. S**t! I already forget what I learn three years ago but fortunately, I still remember what I learn in matric. Thank god for that. But, I don't know if I still answer them correct. But guess what? it's about the time and we have 40 questions and again, one hour only. But I think I do well on this test. After the test, we go back to our room and sleep.
In the night, we have talk which I found the most boring moment in this educamp. But I just found out that almost 65% of the participants of this educamp want chemical engineering. Wow, it was really shock me and I already know that because many people more tend to take chemical engineering. I choose Petroleum engineering because this is what I want. I want to work with oila nd gas company and I know UTP can achieve my dream. From my observation, only 10% student want to take petroleum engineering. After the talk, we went outside and take alook of the list because we have interview sesion for tomorrow and I was in the last group E-10-2. After that, we go back to our room and sleep.
In the next morning, I wake up and felt so nervous because today is the day where we have interview. It will be handle like MUET test and luckily, I have experience on this stuff, Our session only will start in 2.00pm and we have a lot time to prepare. Fortunately, my roomate and me got the same group E but he was in different group. We have individual and group discussion for that ibnterview. Our topic for that day is Aid. It's so hard and I hardly understand the topic. But, I just focus and started to write my points. For my individual presentation, I've the aid shouldn't need a formal request and what should government do? So, when I'm walking to the room,Ifelt so nervous and luckily my interviewers, they are so nice. First, they asked me why I choose UTP and what course did I want to attend. After that, I started to explain my points and the woman asked me questions and I was very happy because i can hear what she said tome and I can answer it. Again, thanks God. But, I think I'm doing it bad during the group discussion but what I know just said what I think is correct. Fuh, I felt relievd after the interview and I am packing my bag again to go to Putrajaya and I follow my friend to go back to Shah Alam. I arrived here about 12.00am and it was very tired day.
Hmm.. I think it is the longest blog i wrote and I felt satisfied with the educamp and I am hoping that I will sorted into UTP. I really want this so badly because I need to study this year and I have to forget about study and start thinking for another option, working. Anyway, all the best from me and let's just hoping for the best! Good luck, Rosly!!
4 comments:
Wow...what a great experience to tell...I'm praying for you success my friend..
yeah, Kin.. It's so great experience and I'm happy because you are the one who told me to apply for it. Thanks for the pray and I'm also praying for your happiness in the future time..
hello
This is Bilal from Pakistan. I have completed O'levels and currently I am doing my A'levels.
I have been shortlisted for UTP and after few days i will be there in Malaysia to attend the UTP assessment. The test is in KL and the timings are 8.30 to 5.30
As you have given the UTP entry test before, I would like to know what kind of assessment will it be.
What is there in English Placement Test, Science and Math test, IQ test, Personality test.
Are there MCQ or structured Qs or diagrammatic test.
How should I prepare for them?
anxiously waiting for ur reply.
hi
i have been shortlisted for the educamp test and interview.
i have not been to school for a lont time and they gave me a 2days notice about the exam ! and im not ready at all.
do you know which syllables ( math chemistry and physics ) are going to be in the exam?
Post a Comment