Thursday, July 9, 2009

Menggapai Bintang


Last Night, I just finished reading a book about the experience of our first Malaysia Astronaut. He is Datuk Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor. Before this, I used to hate him so much and the reason, I don’t know why. I really don’t care about his journey to the space. Beside that, I think government really waste money spending million ringgits just to send an astronaut and achieved dream to have the first one astronaut in Malaysia.

However, I started change my mind when I found this book ‘Menggapai Bintang’ written by Sheikh Mustapha Shukor Al-Masrie. When I read this book, I really changed my first impression to Datuk Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor a.k.a. Amus. Before this, I don’t know anything about his life and what he has to face to achieve his dream. So, reading this book really changed my mind at all and I’m sorry for not to support him. I shouldn’t do this and I regret it. Finally, I finished this book and I’m kind of sad because there are happy and sad moments in this book. I still remember this date and will remember it for entire of my life because it’s a history for Malaysia. We are so proud with achievement of Amus.

On 10th October 2007, it was the most amazing moment for Malaysia Nation because just in few minutes, Amus is going to the space and invent history with becomes the first Malaysia Astronaut. Ten days after the launch of the rocket that brought Amus to the space, Sheikh Mustapha Shukor Al-Masrie a.k.a. Ajil fell off and was sent to the hospital. Unfortunately, the accident was too serious and he was coma. It was so sad because actually, the one who write this book is Ajil. Ajil also the closest person to Amus and always support Amus all the time to become an astronaut. All his siblings cared for him and pray day and night.

But, what the doctor said they need miracle to happen. However, his brother didn’t believe it and he said that Ajil was strong and he can wake up from coma. Unfortunately, he failed to wake up from coma and died. It was so sad because the person that wrote and dedicated this book to Amus doesn’t have the chance to see Amus arrived safely. On the same day, someone arrived but someone leave. It’s our god plan and they know that there must be something benefit from its. I felt sad for their parents because on the same day, they received two different reactions from people. They said congratulation for Amus but sorry for Ajil. It’s so sad. What made this story sadder is Amus arrived only after four hours after Ajil is buried. Amus don’t have the chance to see Ajil for the last time. However, what did Ajil left for Amus is a book ‘Menggapai Bintang’.

Here’s a quote from Amus to Ajil.
‘Kamulah peminatku yang nombor satu. Kamu sentiasa percaya kepada kebolehanku. Perjalanan ke angkasa merupakan satu penghormatan buatmu, Ajil.'

so, I want to say congratulation to Amus for made this dream for Malaysia. You're our hero. and al-fatihah for Ajil.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post.. i almost cry.. gave me a goosebump, in a good way.. :D

kiorsly said...

wah, almost cry? aku pun gitu2 juak.. time aku baca buku ni.. sedih bha.. ndak tau pulak aku pasal ada kuarga nya meninggal waktu tu... mmg sedih..

Anonymous said...

yup.. btul2, aq pun xtau..
padahal byk org pertikaikan lagi tu dia p sna wat research org lain, suma persediaan n rocket pun bukan Malaysian punya..

i guess this phrase holds true -- "don't judge a book by it's cover"

we never knew what he'd been through to be where he is right now. and with his charming smile, no one can predict.

kiorsly said...

yup, you'll never the story only if when you don't read thsi book. I just foudn out this book and it's given free to someone else and I don't knoiw this book belongs to whom.. About the research, it 's about the cancer cell.. and something like that.. but, he's also experiment and become the first human that ever pray on the space.. cool right? haha.. his smile.. cute.. every girls should fall for him and I am jealous with him.. Anyway, he had did his best..

Anonymous said...

nice...let the others know what exactly is going on,dont just blame but know the fact...nicee