Friday, July 3, 2015

Love Letters to the Dead vs The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I am just in the middle of reading, a long very long wait in the wish-list book - Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira. I have been looking for that book like forever. Now, I have the book and almost finished it. I remember it exactly whom did recommended that book. Thanks and it is amazing. But, great deeply - when I read that book- the more I read and immerse myself, the more I feel like I have read a kind of similar book. Yes, it is - The perks of being a wallflower. Also, great book and great movie.

Both of the books - the narrations is quite different from other books that I have read. Like every chapter, it is start with writing letter to someone. Like, Dear you.. Dear someone.. The different of these two books make - one of them using artist as the recipients of the book. Like Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Elizabeth Bishop, Kurt and many more while the others, only using one subject which is dear you. I believe that Charlie is writing the letter to his best friend, who died of shot himself with the gun. The reason, is still unknown because it is not really the main plot of what the writer want to tell in the book.

Another similarity that I found from the books, both of them - have someone special and very close to them - but died of suicide. Laurel is grieving because of the lost of her older sister, and blame herself for the tragic accident and she is the last person who saw her. While in another story, Charlie is losing her auntie Helen which she died because of the car accident. Both of them cant cope with the situation and day by day, things are getting emotional and fortunately, things change for them- which is good.

Just my two cents, how did people cope with the loss of someone who they loved? It is just extremely saddening occasion, because the people you used to talk everyday, and feel her presence - suddenly gone. Forever. To make things worst even, sometimes - there are few things when people are getting attached to any memories - object, place and emotion. Everything is connected and is able to put emotion to the people. How did the cope? Did they learnt day by day to move on?

Just another thing, how does it is possible for a mom or dad - going separately after their daughter die? and leave the other children which is obviously need someone to be closer to them. It is good to grieving and it is the best if we have someone who can rely, who can story together and anybody for depending. So, the only question that I really got through, how does it is happen? I mean, yeah - the parents leave their children to cope all of these by themselves? I will understand it if they are in the mid of 20 or plus, but we are talking about age of 12 and 15, something like that. At this age, everything is so fragile. At this age, you will need someone to depend on, to make role for look forward and suddenly, the parents are not there. Do you see what kind of the problems that the are going to face? How socially affected the children later in the future because they are going to shaped the future but without the guidance of the parents? Do you see what I am talking about?

I guess that is all what I want to share - sometimes, I feel emotional when I am reading books. I take it as a compliment because a good book is a book that can make feel emotional and questioning whatever inside it. Just recently, I am trying to find another books which can help me to read more and more and more because it made me who I am.


No comments: